Thursday, July 15, 2010

Farmhouse Chic Bar Stools

I looked long and hard for a set of barstools that I could do this with (I was inspired by The Painted Hive)...I would love to keep them, but I already have EIGHT CHAIRS around my kitchen table--that 32 legs! The thought of adding another 12 legs overwhelms my chaos quotient.

They were just plain old faced brown. I painted the legs white, and then distressed them heavily and gave them a walnut glaze.

The tops were stained with Minwax Dark Walnut, but I purposely glazed them unevenly, and then I also sanded down the finish heavily on the edges again.


I used my Cricut to make stencils out of cardstock, and then painted the numbers on. I sanded those down pretty heavily to make them look very well-worn.


I love how these turned out. I don't know why I find the numbers so appealing! But with "1st," "2nd," and "3rd"...now the kids will know in what order you will dish up the ice cream!

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

6 comments:

Maria said...

You are darling and your projects are AMAZING! I'm excited about your blog!!!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I absolutely LOVE these? Truly. Only $65? I might be sold..I have to ask the "budget" first....

Amy Kinser said...

These stools are great. I think you did a marvelous job.

Partying with you tonight at Donna's. Stop by for a quick visit.

judi said...

korrie,
you did an awesome job...i too love those stools from down under at the painted hive and numbers!

stopped by from donna's saturday nite special.

judi ;)
the1829farmhouse.blogspot.com

Funky Junk Interiors said...

They may know the order but watch the fight ensue when it's time to grab the #1 chair! :) Adorable stools! I love the two tone effect.

Donna

Dawn said...

Love your new bar stools!

Visiting for the first time from Sassy Sites!