Saturday, August 14, 2010

Look what I got for FREE!

I had to do a little garage sale-ing this morning, and look what I found!


It looks like someone got started on a reupholstery project they didn't want to finish!


This one looks pretty good from this angle, but the back isn't done. I honestly don't know which one (if either) is the original fabric.


In my head I think I'm seeing the frame stained darker--something more walnut-y. Then I want something more neutral for the cushions. I think. And I think I want to keep them.

This is what I currently have in my front room:

I recovered these last fall. But I'm just not feeling the love anymore.... I think they're too big for my tiny front room. And maybe too...red. (And you're talking to a person who loves red!)


They do have pretty backs, but no one ever sees that the way they sit in my house!

So...I listed them on KSL.com. I haven't told dear husband yet. I don't want to see the eye roll!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Post the link to your ksl ad on facebook! I love your old red chairs!!! But I better not look at what amazing thing you do with the new (old) ones!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Here is the listing:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12000801&cat=364

Rachel said...

LOL! Only you!! I would have never thought to grab those chairs. But, since reading your blog.......I am starting to look and try to see the potential in furniture..... the, what could be!