Sunday, March 4, 2012

Feeling Spring-y

March is coming in like a lion here in Utah, but I decided it was time for a little springtime in the house!

Last time I showed you how I dressed up my little map dresser with a “new” lathe sign, so the next stop was to spring-i-fy my buffet.

spring 007

Several things have made an appearance before…my candlesticks hold nests made of moss and tiny grapevine wreaths.  A chubby bird perches on one, and twine and sheet music eggs fill the other.

spring 004

I was delighted to find some decent-looking faux hydrangeas at the store Tuesday morning a couple of weeks ago.  I like them in my IKEA enamelware pitcher from last year.

spring 003

My new acquisition is this vintage egg scale.  I had been admiring it on the classified ads for a month or more—but when the seller finally dropped the price by $10, I sent my sweet sister after it for me!

spring 002

My book page birdhouses have survived a whole year now! 

spring 005

I briefly toyed with the idea of NOT using my beloved chalkboard—obviously, I got over THAT idea!  The quote may not have anything to do with spring, but I love it: 

“Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.”  (Thomas Monson)

*********************************
Linking up here:
The Lettered Cottage
Domestically Speaking’s Countdown to Spring Coastal Charm’s Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday  
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
From My Front Porch to Yours It’s So Very Cheri
Common Ground  

30 comments:

Full Circle Creations said...

Looks lovely. I really like the scale and the little makeup suitcase.

Holly

Bliss said...

You've gotta use the chalkboard, I for one love every chalkboard on every blog I see. They are always an inspiration, no two are alike really.

~Bliss~

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Very cute vignette. Love it!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Looks great, Korrie! Of course, you can't leave out the chalkboard! : ) I've been looking up quotes each month now to put on my big board in my laundry room/garage entrance. This month there is two - "Grandparents are like a piece of string ~ handy to have around and easy to wrap around your finger" and "Grandchildren: the only people who can get more out of you than the IRS". They have nothing whatsoever to do with March or Spring but they made me smile!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love it! the little scale is adorable! :)

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

Very pretty, Korrie! I love the quote, it's one I haven't heard before. And the egg scale is very cool!

Karyn said...

Good call on the black board it looks great....and who doesn't love a great quote from an amazing man.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

It looks good. I love hydrangeas, suitcases, and chalkboards. :)

Anne said...

Wonderful post! I'm a new follower; so nice to "meet" you!
♥ Anne ♥

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love your little scale. What a great find. Definitely keep the chalkboard in. :)

Rachel said...

I love that quote. It's a good reminder of something I need to be reminded of often! I think I need a chalkboard..... :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looking good...love that little $10scale...very Nifty Thrifty!

Blessings,
Linda

Unknown said...

Sweet vignette!!! SO great to back seeing what you are up to! :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Those are so pretty.
Egg scale.
I wonder who had that job?

Such a relaxing little scape to look at.

Ali Richardson said...

Soooo pretty! I am ready for Spring :)

Tam said...

This looks great & love the quote. I post a quote @ the end of all my posts & just wanted you to know I posted this pic with a link back to your great blog! Keep inspiring... Blessings, Tam

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Very nice! And why on earth WOULDN'T you use that sweet chalk board?! :)

Gypsy Heart said...

I think it looks wonderful! Love the bright touches of apple green.

Hope you have a wonderful week!
xo
Pat

Michelle said...

I love it! Those book page bird houses are adorable and I love the quote too:)

pasqueflower said...

Love the quote! And such a pretty grouping!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

HI Korrie, what a great post. Love your spring decor. It is wonderful.
Blessings,
Debbie

~ Laura said...

Very elegant!! It has such a sweet, olden days feel, too!! The egg scale is a perfect touch!! Good eye!! :)

Miriam@BeBookBound said...

Adorable. And one of the best quotes ever. :) The whole thing is great, but the chalkboard really makes me feel like I need one of my own :) OH, and the birdhouses too!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Lovely vignette, and I love the chalkboard in that gorgeous frame. Beautifully done!!

chateau chic said...

Your buffet does look so springy. Love the egg scale!
Mary Alice

Stephanie said...

Love the nests and birds on your candlesticks!

Anonymous said...

My gosh, I love you. You're fabulous, incredible, and to think we share the same genes! :) The egg scales is a great touch!

Also, the quote on your board is PERFECT. I'm putting it on every door leading to my office @ work.

And if any of your stuff decides it time for a new home...I'm willing. ;)

Pamela said...

Everything looks wonderful! I am a sucker for birds and nests. Thanx for coming to THT!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love every one of your treasures in your beautiful vignette, I'm glad you included your chalkboard. That egg scale is so interesting...very cool!

Diapers and Divas said...

Love the book page birdhouses. I made book page apples. I love seeing other shapes people have done.
Stopping by from TheLetteredCottage Link Up