Saturday, June 2, 2012

Farmers Market Canvas

home projects 041c

Yesterday I showed off the Flea Market Canvas I created for my living room, based off this beautiful artwork by Mandy Lynne.

canvases collage

You didn’t think I could stop with just one, did you?

Well, I was happy enough with the Flea Market canvas, so I started sketching for the next one…

home projects 034

Ever drawn a bicycle?  Me neither.

My style is definitely not as “refined” as the original!  I wish the colors translated better to the computer screen…the border and the lettering are actually a brick red color, and the background is a pale green.  And again…flowers are not my strong suit!

farmers market collage

So here’s the set…the original, gorgeous, Mandy Lynne’s:

canvases collage

And the debut artwork of the amateurish Red Hen:

canvases collage2

Am I happy?  I think so!

home projects 036

(Photo courtesy of Chicklet #3)

Are you excited to see how they look in my house?  Coming soon!

**********************************

This project has been featured at Elizabeth & Co., DIY Showoff, and Knick of Time Interiors. 

**********************************

Linking up here:

 Domestically Speaking Elizabeth & Co.
Sisters of the Wild West No Minimalist Here’s Open House Thursday
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday Miss Mustard Seed’s Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Beyond the Picket Fence Someday Crafts
Knick of Time My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
Simply Klassic Sundays My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours It’s So Very Cheri
Cowgirl Up! {aka} design

25 comments:

Carol said...

I like them very much!!!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

These are gorgeous! I couldn't tell which was the original and which was yours until you spelled it out. Beautiful job. You have quite the mad talent there. I would definitely put these in my home. Love them!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You are on a roll, Korrie! I love this one, too! They are going to look so good in your living room.

Anonymous said...

yes and they look so good.

Full Circle Creations said...

I think you did a great job! I bet they look wonderful in your home!

Holly

Ali Richardson said...

I think they both turned out really great!!!! If I saw your versions in a store, I would most definitely want to buy :)

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Oh my Korrie, These are Beautiful! You need to make these and sell them! You did a wonderful job! Love the colors. I can't wait to see them displayed in your home! Have a wonderful weekend!

sandraallen260@centurytel.net

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

I think they turned out fabulously (is that even a word?)! And your bike is waaaaay better than anything I could have done :)

~Chris

reFresh reStyle said...

Strong suit, I think so!!!! They are gorgeous!!!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

You SHOULD be happy-- you did an AWESOME job!! Fabulous!
<3 Christina
Http://igottacreate.blogspot.com
Wildly Original Round Up party is open.

bj said...

These are so stinkin' cute, I almost can't stand it. :)
I just LOVE them and hope you put some in your shop to sell us.!!
uhhh, you DO have a shop....right!?!

bj said...

WHAAAAT ??? no shop? Korrie, you SHOULD.
We ALL want all these cuties you keep making.

bj said...

whew...ok...I DID find your FOR SALE...I THOUGHT you had a little shop but when I couldn't find it on your sidebar, I wondered.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Of course you know I love it! You are sooo talented girlfriend!

Day before Michelle said...

OK, I absolutely ADORE these! My favorite has to be the banners, but I would hang either of them in my house :)

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I am totally impressed, wow!! Great job, I had no idea what an artist you are!!

Roeshel said...

Wow! You did a beautiful job!

TheMoonAndMe said...

I SOOOO LOOOOVE both of these! Don't put yourself into some "lower" artist category...you're right up there! They are so great!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

They are both fabulous, Korrie! I looked at the bicycle one and decided it was too hard for me to do~but you did a great job on it!

April said...

oooo! I like this one too! You did an amazing job on both. BTW - I found you at Donna's scary challenge.

Unknown said...

Totally love those! Amazing! Can't wait to see them hanging!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

OMG you are soooo talented. You might just need an Etsy shop. Bet you could sale stuff so fast.

katecreativesalvage said...

Absolutely beautiful, you are a talented lady, those signs belong in Pottery Barn, I love them, have to try it someday, I have to trace the letters, no free hand for me,

love it,

Martha

katecreativesalvage said...

Absolutely beautiful, you are a talented lady, those signs belong in Pottery Barn, I love them, have to try it someday, I have to trace the letters, no free hand for me,

love it,

Martha

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

I've admired that artwork for a long time, Korrie and think your versions looks beautiful too!
I'm featuring you tomorrow at Knick of Time!
Blessings,
Angie