Monday, August 26, 2013

Another Clock Table

My love affair with clocks is not over!

  My first clock coffee table has been one of my most popular projects, and I also made a clock patio table here.  But this new one…may just be my favorite!

Barn 012

When I came across this little solid wood piece at Goodwill, it had to come home with me.  2013-08-01 14.37.48

You can see that while the finish is mostly in good shape, there were a few places where it had definitely seen better days!

2013-08-01 14.37.56

Thank goodness it didn’t matter for what I had in mind for it! 

I painted it with a homemade chalk paint mixture, and then came the fun part…

I raided my paint stash for all the greys, browns, whites, and creams I had…and I didn’t care whether I was working with latex or acrylic!  I just wanted layers and layers of color.

Barn 014

I created my graphics with my Silhouette, and painted those on with black latex paint.

Barn 011

Then I went to town with distressing it and making it look “old.”

Barn 013

This was a piece I took with me to the barn sale, but I brought it home.  Maybe everyone doesn’t love clocks as much as I do, or maybe round coffee tables are harder to work with!

Whatever the reason…I don’t mind hanging on to it for a little while longer…but it is on Craigslist if you’re in the Seattle area!

 

***************************

Linking up here:

The Inspiration Exchange Elizabeth & Co.
Primitive & Proper Thrifty Décor Chick
Friday Remodelaholic The Scoop!
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Miss Mustard Seed
Beyond the Picket Fence Coastal Charm
Knick of Time
Domestically Speaking
Perfectly Imperfect No Minimalist Here
Common Ground My Repurposed Life
From My Front Porch to Yours
A Little Knick Knack

14 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

LOVE this! love the base!

Donna Wilkes said...

Hard to believe it did not sell. I love the graphic you created of the clock face.

Homeroad said...

I can't believe you didn't sell that baby! Korrie it is the prettiest clock table I've seen! Love the multi-layering and the distressing, it is perfect!
Susan

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

It's a great table! It will sell for sure!

Barbara Jean said...

love it.
reminds me of a sun dial.
it's the legs I think.

be blessed
Barb

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I love it! I just bought a Silhouette and can't wait to try it out!

Unknown said...

beatiful!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love it, Korrie! I'd love to try a clock table myself, although I'd probably wind up keeping it. : )

My Repurposed Life said...

I love clocks Korrie...and you did a wonderful job making this table look old...surprised it didn't get scooped up!

plan b? make it a wall hanging. :)

gail

Gypsy Heart said...

Just beautiful!!

xo
Pat

Jenny Watson Blogs said...

I like this clock table because I have seen many clock tables but It is best of all.

http://www.invillas.com/

Cynthia said...

What a great piece and beautiful work you did. Love it and can't believe it didn't sell.

Cynthia

Krista Aasen said...

So much amazing character - truly fabulous work:) I love it and would be thrilled if you have the time to share it at our new mega-party Work it Wednesday if you haven't already. Each link will be shown on 4 blogs! Work it Wednesday

- Krista @ the happy housie

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

Great job! I am always a little apprehensive about painting, but this look wonderful.